This year we told Kati that she could either choose a party with her friends or we could run into St. George to dinner, a movie and a little shopping and she could bring a friend with her. Thankfully she chose the day trip to St. George. I have to admit I had my own agenda here and that was to NOT be in charge of another gigantic birthday party. Sorry kids it's just not my thing. So we had a very nice time for Kati's birthday. She chose to eat at a Chinese buffet no persuasion required, and then we went to Walmart so she could pick out whatever she wanted, and then we all went to the movies to see Zookeeper which all the kids enjoyed, even Dusty and I. I'm glad it all worked out the way it did, and Kati was happy and that's all the counts!
Now for Dustys birthday we had his family over for cake and ice cream. It was a nice quiet evening with the fam! His real gift is a weekend trip to Las Vegas just he and I to do whatever we want! We are planning the trip for the 22nd and the 23rd so please send all donations directly to our PO box and cash only please, LOL!


I have to say that I baked this chocolate cake and had bought icing for it, just vanilla. Right before I iced it, I had a thought to add some peppermint extract and add green color to represent mint. It turned out fabulous, chocolate cake and mint icing!
No comments:
Post a Comment