Monday, October 5, 2009

A little tribute






Sometime late last night one of our 3 horses died. Blue was our beautiful registered black and white paint gelding. We have had him for about 7 years and he was one of those animals we thought we would have for a very long time. He was sweet natured and super strong. We really don't know what happened to him except that we found him this moring dead lying in the field. It is definately one of those moments in life that you just have to have faith that things happen for a reason due to the fact that we don't have a reason for his death. We obviously have a few theories but nothing real. I just wanted to vent a little about how much I am really going to miss him. He was an awesome horse that I was looking forward to my own kids riding in a year or two. He was small stocky little guy but could just kick some butt with his strength and attitude. He was reliable which is really hard to find, and he really tried hard to do what you asked of him. We only have 3 horses, 2 now, but he was one that I thought was a sure thing. I considered him one of our family "pets" if you want to call it that, and so I am totally sad today. I took advantage of the fact that I thought he was just gonna be around for a long long time! And then poof 8 AM this morning rolls around and no more Blue. He was a good horse that I feel lucky to have had for the time that we did.

2 comments: