The Riddle family has some exciting news to share with the world. Dusty and I have decided to have another baby through InVitro Fertilization. I had my tubes tied 2 years ago and so we felt that this was really our best option. We investigated doctors all around us in the surrounding states and we found a doctor in Las Vegas that offers a micro InVitro package where I wouldn't have to take all the fertility drugs in a normal IVF cycle due to the fact that I am not infertile. We first met with the doctor on March 2nd and he gave us his approval for this particular IVF procedure. We were so nervous that day not knowing what to expect and just hoping we would be good candidates for the micro IVF because it is also a lot cheaper. He gave me birth control pills to take until I saw him again and that was that. We saw the doctor for the second time yesterday April 9th and he gave us the go sign for the April 30th egg retrieval and I finally feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. We will go back again on the 23rd to start injections of Follistim and hopefully we could have an embryo transfer 2 weeks from then. If all goes well, which we are praying our little hearts out it will.
Over the last 2 years I really tried to put the past behind me and move forward as much as I possibly could. Unfortunately, I couldn't. Knowing that my tubes were tied and that I couldn't have any more kids, I thought I needed to stop feeling like I needed another baby, but I couldn't. I sat down and talked with Dusty about February and I told him that I still had this overwhelming feeling that I still wanted to have another baby. He, surprisingly, said that he also felt the same way and to say the least I was so surprised. We had such a hard road after Emma passed away, I didn't think he would ever come around to having another child. After that we started investigating doctors and that's when we came across the micro IVF cycle that really seemed to fit us perfectly. I made a phone call to this doctor's office and before I knew it, we were on the road to Las Vegas to see him. Wow! There was a lot of praying before, during, and presently, of course. We feel that this is the right time for us and we feel that Heavenly Father agrees! We are definitely riding the faith wave more than anything. It is a heck of a roller coaster not knowing what the doctor is going to say or do and also knowing that the Lord is in charge and we may not get pregnant but it is something we are willing to do. We aren't thinking like that though, we are doing a lot of positive thinking and feeling very good about it.
So there it is! Think what you will, this is a life lesson and or journey that we have to take. I will do my best to keep you all posted of our process and progress. I am so thankful to my husband and family who have been so supportive to me through this time of my life. They mean so much to me and without them I would have buried myself in a hole a long time ago. Think good things and I know we can do this!!! Love to you all!!
Emergency Placement Call
2 months ago
I am not surprised, Dusty is such a great daddy and has a lot of love in his heart for his children. I wish you all the best and will pray for your journey!
ReplyDeleteRight with ya all the way! Hope you know that!
ReplyDeleteOh Mandi, my heart goes out to you! You are amazing and I know Dusty must be as well. Together with God, there is nothing you can't do. Keep your head held high! I'm praying for you, my friend. <3
ReplyDeleteSo exciting!!! My prayers go with all the rest, I'm sure, but I'm so happy for you. I hope everything works out well.
ReplyDelete