Friday, June 25, 2010

Validation?

Once a year Kanab Utah puts on a ranch rodeo. They have only been doing it for about 3 or 4 years. Last year Dusty and I both participated and this year Dusty so lovingly hung out with the girls while I did a few events. I did team sorting and I ran the barrels. Team sorting was a little tricky but thanks to an awesome sorter, Lacea Bunting, we did pretty good! I have been trying to do things that maybe I normally wouldn't do. Things that kind of put that excitment back into life. (don't worry I'm trying to make a point) I have been doing timed events with my horse ever since I can remeber so I knew I wanted to do the barrels this year for Jacob Hamblin I just wasn't so confident. My horse has been a little lame for a month or so and so basically I was taking a risk. Well I took it! Not only was my horse not so well, but I was up against some very talented riders and horses!!! So Saturday night I saddled up and lame horse and all, I took my turn at the barrels! My time was 19.45 and I took 4th place! NO i didn't get a prize, but I was so happy with how my horse and I did. It made me think how good I could have done had she, my horse Belle, been 100% sound!!! It felt so good letting go and going after something I love so much. My new plan is to keep an eye out for some more local events I can do with my horse throughout the summer. Hopefully my horse will get all better and I can keep on with the barrels. Watch the video as much as you want, it's really me!!!

3 comments:

  1. that was AWESOME! Good job to you and your horse! 4th place is not too shabby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy that is awesome!! You looked great. Keep it up for sure. Happy B-lated birthdy to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Fun! You look great running barrels.
    Congrats on a great run!
    Fun Birthday pics! We enjoyed Ali's party.

    ReplyDelete