Thursday, April 16, 2009

Update

It has been 3 weeks since I had my tonsils out and I am happy to report that I actually feel like I am back to normal. I can swallow things good, I am not in pain, and I feel like I have more energy. Not a ton of energy, but I don't have to take a nap anymore. It still really hurts when I sneeze and when I yawn. My tongue is really sore. I have never been through anything like this in my life. Even having babies was nothing to compare. I am glad that it is done and over with, however I am still undecided if I would do it again. I think the only upside to this entire situation is that I ended up losing 15 pounds. Turns out that was actually a lot for me. A whole waist size anyway, but starvation will do that to ya!
So the good news is that I can eat again and the bad news is that I can eat again.
I do have to admit that I am surprised that it only took me 3 weeks, maybe a little less, to feel "normal" again. I was thinking I would be out of it for at least 4 - 6 weeks. I saw the doctor last Friday and he said that all is well, and I was good to go!
I would just like to say again how grateful I am for all the family support I had the whole way. I couldn't have done it otherwise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment