I am obsessed with some fabulous things. Things that make me just smile and even giggle! Let me share. The first thing that has been a new development is....wait for it... cupcakes! I wish you could see the happy smile on my face right now. Cupcakes are a magical thing that only a rare few can do well. I have become fascinated with watching Cupcake Wars on the Food Network. These magical people come up with the most delicious combinations for cupcakes. I literally just want to jump in the TV and taste every one. They come up with so many different layers for one cupcake that I am just amazed. Mmmmmm! If you haven't see the show I highly recommend it! I also highly recommend The Sweet Tooth Fairy in St. George for all of you out there who share my cupcake sweet tooth! Dang good! They also specialize in the making of delicious cupcakes and these blessed things called cake bites!
My second obsession is with reading. It is the darnedest thing, I used to feel like I never had the time to sit and read a book. Now I read a book in 2 or 3 days maybe. Reading is such a reward for me that I usually do what I need to do throughout the day and then sit down to read as my precious reward!! I have always loved reading books! They too are magical and send me anywhere in any time. The Fredonia Library has so many books to choose from I feel like I always have something new and exciting to choose from. I think obsession is an accurate word because if I finish a book over the weekend I go nuts because the library is closed on Saturdays. I can hardly wait to get back there on Monday to get another one. I have also become a little crazy about finding those books that I have read and liked at second hand stores or yard sales in order to build up my own library. I could only hope that one day my own kids will enjoy reading as much as I do and hopefully by then I will have a whole room dedicated to books. My own library. (Sigh with a smile)
Emergency Placement Call
2 months ago
Oh my heck ~ please, please, please start a "Book Review Blog!" I hardly have time to read, but I love to. I LOVE getting recommendations because I never want my "books to read list" to be empty. ;)
ReplyDeleteMMMMM! Chocolate! I have spent the last TWO HOURS researching gluten free chocolate! Your cupcakes remind me of chocolate! I would love to go to the Sweet Toothfairy with you some day. I've heard about it and I think it would be fun to go see it.
ReplyDeleteA book review blog... Let me know if you set one up. I just finished a couple of goodies!
LOL! Your post made me smile...and giggle! Ahhh, so much to enjoy!
ReplyDelete