Saturday, April 24, 2010

Clark County Fair!

It only comes around once a year and it seems that we have missed it the last couple of years. But this year the girls and I got the chance to go to the Clark County fair. When I was growing up in PA, we had the most amazing opportunity to go to the Big Butler Fair for a week during the fourth of July holiday. My brother Gabe and I belonged to Powder Mill 4-H club and we showed our horses for a whole week. We stayed in our camper and participated from the age of 8 until we graduated high school. I realize now just how awesome that was, and how badly I wish I had that for my own children. The memories I have from that time are irreplaceable. Dusty and I went back to PA for a visit in 2007 and we went during the Big Butler Fair so that we could show the girls what their mother and uncle used to do. I was super fun to go back and smell the old smells, and see the old horse barn, and even come across a few old friends. How blessed we were to be able to do that. I am so grateful.
Shelby Jo saying..."Cheese!"


They are looking at the huge mama pig and her babies her in this pic.

Huge mama pig and her babies!
They had exotic animals there like this camel. They also had a Kapuchin(sp) monkey, and an armadillo. The girls were amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment