Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Our Journey

As most of you know we have a tough start to our year. We lost our little baby girl Emma Feb. 15th, 2010 after she suffered tragic complications during birth. She was born Jan. 24th 2010 and then went on to live 22 days. I am finally ready to share the sweet pics I have. I am so grateful to all that were there for us thru this most amazingly crappy time. We are so grateful for the support and outpour of love that most definately got us thru those crazy 3 weeks. This is our wonderful big sister Kati Dawn.
Dusty was off work for the whole 4 weeks that this all went on. He spent almost all of his time just sitting and holding Emma. That little girl knows how much her daddy loves her.
Oh thats just me looking so amazing. This was 4 days after my C-section we had stopped to see her with all the girls with us.
Happy dad doing the funnest thing you can do with little babies,,,holding them and loving them.
This saying was on the wall that Emma was in. I could not beleive how appropriate it was.
Just another chance to hold her sister.
You have got to love this big purple bow! Purple is so her color!! The amazing nurses in the Dixie Regional NICU were so amazing. They always had her in something cute with matching bow or hair bow with the dang cutest blankets I have ever seen. I wanted all of them! I only got one :)
This was 24 hours after Emma was born. She looks so good here, almost chubby. We had just taken her off of support.

Here is Alli, such a little mother! We all had to take turns passing Emma around. They couldn't wait for it to be their turn!
All four girls!

9 comments:

  1. That last picture of all of your girls is beautiful. You have an amazing family, and I hope you are all healing well. Love you, Kelsey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure do have the cutest little girls. Its so cute too see how much those sisters loved their little sister. She was a darling little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful girls, what wonderful pictures, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so grateful for pictures!!!! These are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It brings tears to my eyes to see the love of a family. You are in my thoughts each day...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing. What a wonderful family you have. I'm so glad your girls got to meet her, love her, and hold her. I never got to meet my sister on this earth. I can't wait to meet her later. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Purple is Emma’s color – she is So Beautiful!
    Thank you for sharing your journey and precious pictures - each one has so much love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful baby. So much love in everyone's face as they hold her. Just thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know it would be hard to share something so precious. You are an amazing family and you are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete